The Cannery in Davis
The Center for Land-Based Learning is proud to partner with the
City of Davis and
The New Home Company (NWHM)
to bring the Urban Farm to The Cannery,
the first ‘agrihood’ development of its kind in California.
Cannery Urban Farm
- A model for the region and state: Cannery Farm is quickly becoming the first farm-to-fork new home community in the Sacramento region and in California. Other plans are on the board, but Cannery Farm is the first under construction as of this writing.
- Cannery Farm is managed by Land-Based Learning and utilized as an extension of its California Farm Academy program – an innovative training program and farm business incubator that teaches and mentors beginning farmers in agricultural production, business planning and marketing.
- Demonstrates the viability of a relationship between urban uses and agriculture, and creates a sense of connection with the City’s rural heritage and surroundings.
- Consistent with the principles of SACOG’s Rural-Urban Connections Strategy (RUCS).
- Potential synergies with UC Davis as a neighbor, with its Sustainable Agriculture and Food program.
- Farm programming opportunities include, but are not limited to, community-supported agriculture (CSA) program, field trips for local schools, and other educational programs.
For more information on Land-Based Learning's role in the Davis Cannery, contact Sri Sethuratnam, (530) 795-4146.
Visit the Cannery website for more information, livecannerydavis.com
Center for Land-Based Learning
City of Davis
The New Home Company