THE FARM ▼
NEWS & MEDIA ▼
SUPPORT US ▼
Growing Green Internship
- West Sacramento Urban Farms: workdays include helping farmers weed, harvest and prepare produce for market.
- Monitoring Milkweed and Monarch Interactions for Learning and Conservation (MMMILC): interns collect data throughout the summer on milkweed plants and monarchs for a UC Davis ecology study, learning field work techniques, working with faculty and contributing to important science.
- Project Solar and Woodland Community College Intro to Sustainable Agriculture and Energy Class: through this hands-on course, interns gain experience with college classes, learn the science of sustainable agriculture, meet more professional mentors, explore related careers and earn FOUR college units!
- Sacramento Farm to Fork Festival: interns work hard throughout the month of September to plan a public outreach project related to their summer work to present at the festival.
- CPR and First Aid training: interns earn certification in these skills from the American Heart Association and UC Davis Outdoor Adventures.
- College Visits to regional universities such as UC Merced, Sonoma State and CSU Monterey Bay.
- Individualized college, scholarship, and financial aid application assistance.
- Individualized support with the many steps it takes to get to college, and continued support as students continue through their college years.
- Resume and cover letter writing workshops.
- Financial Literacy Workshops.