Welcome to the Land-Based Learning Job Board. Many of the job listings below are postings made on behalf of the hiring entity. Please contact the specified person(s) in the listing to ask questions about a position. Thank you.
• Apprenticeship Outreach Coordinator
Job Opportunities at Land-Based Learning
Apprenticeship Outreach Coordinator
The Center for Land-Based Learning is seeking a full-time Apprenticeship Outreach Coordinator under the California Farm Academy. This position reports to the Apprenticeship Program Manager and is part of the Apprenticeship team. The Outreach Coordinator will plan and assist in coordination of recruitment & communication efforts for the CFA Apprenticeship program. The Coordinator will also assist with outreach, marketing and recruitment efforts for the California Farm Academy programs as needed. This position will involve travel across the state and occasionally require overnight stays away from home, and/or occasional work on weekends. This is a hybrid position, based out of the Center for Land-Based Learning’s office at 40140 Best Ranch Road, Woodland, CA, with the ability to work from home a few days a week.
Download full job description: Apprenticeship Outreach Coordinator »
● Assist in developing outreach and recruitment materials for agricultural employers and apprentice
● Develop and execute digital media marketing strategies and content, including videos
● Communicate with organizational partners involved in outreach and recruitment efforts
● Develop digital media and publications highlighting current program participants
● Research and maintain a calendar of outreach activities, including recruitment events in the region as well as a digital marketing timeline
● Attend outreach and recruitment events and related conferences
● Assist Program Manager to review and update marketing, outreach and recruitment plans on a regular basis
● Regularly review the apprenticeship program web page and make necessary revisions and changes
● Regularly manage social media postings and coordinate newsletter materials
● Collect, organize and maintain data regarding outreach efforts for evaluation
● Participate in and support organization-wide events
The Outreach Coordinator should have an interest and passion in supporting the next generation of farmers and agricultural stewards. This person will need to have excellent people skills, demonstrate a growth mindset, show creativity, and have the capacity to work on multiple projects at a time. They should also have an interest in education and different types and scales of agriculture. The Outreach Coordinator should be organized, self-motivated, proactive, and capable of working effectively both alone and with a larger team.
● BS or equivalent education in Communications, Marketing, Community Development or some related field; or the equivalent combination of education and/or years of experience
● Minimum 2 years of experience doing outreach, communication, or digital media activities, preferably with non-profit organizations
● Moderate to advanced computer skill, especially with Microsoft Office suite, Google G Suite, web browsers, social media, and email
● Outstanding written and oral communication skills
● Comfort calling, emailing and speaking to a wide range of partners and people
● Demonstrated experience/knowledge with social media, digital marketing platforms and strategies
● Demonstrated organizational skills; detail oriented with the ability to work on multiple projects
● Valid driver's license required to fulfill job duties
● Experience working with a non-profit or a community development program
● Experience and skills to work independently or within a team setting as situation requires
● The ability to communicate in Spanish; written and verbal communication
● Experience with or background knowledge of agriculture
● Experience with building a new project from the ground up, or expanding a program
● Experience developing and editing videos
The Outreach Coordinator is a full-time, non-exempt (hourly) position. The salary range is $45,000 to $50,000, depending on experience. This position includes medical, vision, and dental benefits, vacation, sick days and 12 paid holidays. CLBL also provides the opportunity to enroll in Flexible Health Spending Accounts, supplemental insurance through Colonial Insurance, and 401(K)/Roth IRA options.
Before applying, download and review the full job description.
Priority review of applications will begin immediately. The deadline for applications is March 31, or until the position is filled. Send a cover letter and resume in an email with the subject “Outreach Coordinator Position” to:
Marisa Alcorta, Apprenticeship Program Manager, Jobs@landbasedlearning.org
Job Opportunities with other Organizations
No current opportunities