The New Headquarters
The Growing Our Future Campaign allowed the Center for Land-Based Learning to move to a historic 40-acre farm site in Woodland that is owned by Clark Pacific, Inc. The company is generously providing us with substantial support, including a no-cost, 25 year lease for major portions of their property and buildings.
This prime location gives us the room to expand and, as a long-standing agricultural center, build stronger relationships throughout California. Our new headquarters includes:
• New administration headquarters and classrooms — A 5,400 square-foot Farm House building with conference rooms, offices, community services and classrooms.
• New and existing barn buildings — The existing barn is used for storing teaching equipment and supplies. A new barn is for farm operations and farm equipment storage, and includes a produce washing, packing and cooling station that meets modern food safety standards.
• Three farm fields totaling 30 acres — Field plots for the Farm Academy and other educational programs that support the career development of beginning farmers. This is six times more acreage than our old site in Winters and enables the program to serve more new incubator farmers, allow other farmers to scale up in production and support the introduction of crops and livestock that require more land.
• Cache Creek riparian habitat and restoration area — Nearly nine acres of creek-side habitat and floodplains are being developed and restored, with a long-term conservation plan to include native grassland and vegetated buffers, erosion control, riparian restoration, trails and interpretive signage. This restoration work is structured to incorporate student and volunteer involvement and education.
• Space for training in low-water use, native landscaping — Landscaping and designated areas around the entire grounds may be used for farm and conservation training, and for education in aesthetically designed spaces.
For tours of the new facility, please contact Dominic Carrillo, Dominic@landbasedlearning.org